Rupert helps his scarecrow pal Odmedod foil a pair of thieves who have been shearing Farmer Brown's sheep.
Trivia and Goofs
- This is only one of the few episodes where Rupert doesn't wear his trademark scarf for the majority of the episode. He only wears it at the end of the episode when he got it back from a sheep. It was also seen at the beginning of the episode, but Rupert didn't wear it.
Differences with the Original story
- Odmedod doesn't appear in the original story. In the episode he replaces Bill Badger who appeared with Rupert in the Original story, but who is absent in the episode.
- Constable Growler hunts and arrests the thieves in the story. In the episode, the thieves don't get arrested and got away. Constable Growler only has a minor appearance in the episode.
- In the original story, Rupert is caught and then kidnapped. The thieves tied him up and left him in their lorry, but Bill saves him. In the episode, he also get's caught but is held in a net and doesn't get tied up. Odemod saves him, but later the two are caught and again held in the same net.
- In the original story, the thieves are being chased by constable Growler and other police officers. This doesn't happen in the episode and the thieves actually get away, without the wool.
- The episode shows two thieves, while the Original story contains a gang of four/five thieves.